"Crazy world, full of crazy contradictions like a child, first you drive me wild and then you win my heart with your wicked art, one moment tender, gentle, then temperamental as a summer storm, just when I believe your heart's getting warmer, you're cold and your cruel and I like a fool try to cope, try to hang on to hope. Crazy world, every day the same old roller coaster ride, but I've got my pride, I won't give in, even though I know I'll never win, oh how I love this crazy world." -- "Crazy World" from "Victor/Victoria," lyrics by Leslie Bricusse

Monday, July 27, 2015

Update

It's been quite some time since my last blog entry. A lot has happened in my life.

#1: I finished my coursework at Utah Valley University in May and I just have my math credit to complete, which I am doing through Ology, a Brigham Young University independent study course. Financial aid fell through for this past spring semester, so I am making payments on tuition; when that is paid off and I can afford to finish Ology, I will finally be able to graduate (*crossing my fingers*) in May of next year from Utah Valley University with a Bachelors of Science in Theatrical Arts.

#2: I have been taking a break from the boards for a while, but hopefully I'll be back in December when I try out this coming September for "Christmas Carol"at Hale Theater in Orem. Hopefully I can get cast. It's been six long years since I have had the honor of playing on that stage; it's been way too long.

#3: My dear mother has been suffering with Alzheimer's for the past five years now, and finally she got to the stage of becoming a flight risk. She was wandering out of the house frequently when I was at work so my brother Jack and I took her to her doctor and he recommended admitting her into an Assisted Living Facility that has Memory Care. We find a really nice one and she is adjusting and making new friends with her fellow patients there. The staff love her. This was very painful for me. For the past twenty-four years I have spent being the sole caregiver for both my parents. This is now a new chapter in my life and has taken quite an adjustment for me. But I am happy to report that I am OK, I have found a nice place to live, I have a great full-time day job with Vivint, an awesome company, working as a customer care professional, and part time at Megaplex Theaters working as a member of the floor staff. I can now focus on me after all these years, and am truly happy with my life where it is at now. I can pursue my theater dreams, but still have financial stability with my jobs. After paying off a few debts, I can actually be able to quit my job at the movie theater, and rely completely on my full time job and theater jobs. I have been truly blessed and am so grateful for those blessings each and every single day!

It has been quite the roller coaster ride the past several months, but I am glad I got through them. My mother is safe and protected and cared for. I can move on to this scary but exciting new chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment