"Crazy world, full of crazy contradictions like a child, first you drive me wild and then you win my heart with your wicked art, one moment tender, gentle, then temperamental as a summer storm, just when I believe your heart's getting warmer, you're cold and your cruel and I like a fool try to cope, try to hang on to hope. Crazy world, every day the same old roller coaster ride, but I've got my pride, I won't give in, even though I know I'll never win, oh how I love this crazy world." -- "Crazy World" from "Victor/Victoria," lyrics by Leslie Bricusse

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Longest Year of My Life: Part 2


 Today, I received my second dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. As I sat waiting for the mandatory 15-minutes post vaccine, I was so overwhelmed with emotion. As I said in my previous post, this has been the longest year of my life. I am not used to being in isolation like this and it has truly been challenging for me. I am profoundly grateful to science and the breakthrough that this vaccine is to humanity. I have been reading medical and scientific journals and the mRNA technology that has finally been brought forward for this vaccine shows such real promise and hope for the future. Vaccines for Cancer, HIV, etc. are now more than just a dream or a theory. This technology holds a bright future for this planet and I for one am excited for the future, for the first time in such a long time. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, not only for me, but for all of us. It is still going to be a while, but the hope and light is there. Now, I can feel safer in getting out more, attending shows, auditioning, etc. Combined with mask wearing, handwashing, and social distancing with those who have not been vaccinated yet, I can finally feel safe knowing that the risk is hugely lowered now and will be in a few weeks for me. I am so grateful. I had 4 days of symptoms with the first dose and so I am expecting that again and am prepared for it, but I know in the end it will be worth it.

Right now, I am just bathed in relief and peace. So much to be grateful for! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment