"Crazy world, full of crazy contradictions like a child, first you drive me wild and then you win my heart with your wicked art, one moment tender, gentle, then temperamental as a summer storm, just when I believe your heart's getting warmer, you're cold and your cruel and I like a fool try to cope, try to hang on to hope. Crazy world, every day the same old roller coaster ride, but I've got my pride, I won't give in, even though I know I'll never win, oh how I love this crazy world." -- "Crazy World" from "Victor/Victoria," lyrics by Leslie Bricusse

Saturday, September 14, 2024

American Fork 16th Ward Campout Dinner (9/6/24)

I had a wonderful time up American Fork Canyon at Mutual Dell campground cookout with the members of my ward! It was so nice, calm, cool, inspirational, and calming, by the way, the food was delicious! This was the very last ward activity under the leadership of my bishop, Brad Snow. It's sad to see him be released! He has done so much for me and helped me come back to the church as well as with needs that I have had over the past two years! God bless you, Brad! Now you, your incredible wife, and your councelors & their wives can now have a long-deserved vacation after 5 years and 4 months of service! God bless you! I even got to take a selfie with one of my dearest friends in the ward, Rhoda from England! She is 87 years old and an amazing lady! She reminds me of my maternal grandmother, Lucille! She was from Manchester, England! Feisty, Witty, but a strong spirit about her and loved everyone unconditionally! This was the first time I had ever been to Mutual Dell and gone up to the mountains to have a cookout since my father died, 19 years ago! It brought back so many happy memories!




No comments:

Post a Comment