"Crazy world, full of crazy contradictions like a child, first you drive me wild and then you win my heart with your wicked art, one moment tender, gentle, then temperamental as a summer storm, just when I believe your heart's getting warmer, you're cold and your cruel and I like a fool try to cope, try to hang on to hope. Crazy world, every day the same old roller coaster ride, but I've got my pride, I won't give in, even though I know I'll never win, oh how I love this crazy world." -- "Crazy World" from "Victor/Victoria," lyrics by Leslie Bricusse

Saturday, May 19, 2018

International Day Against Homophobia And Transphobia

Sorry I am late with my post. International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia took place this year on May the 17th.

This meme I shared on my Facebook feed over 6 years ago, it still holds true today. There are still religious and political forces that are still trying to take these rights away and it sickens me. Family is family. Love is love. No matter what the sexual orientation, sexual identity, etc. The fear has got to be stopped!

Here is legible copy of the post located under the meme.
"Joe Hockey, Australia's shadow Treasurer, said that he believed that all Australians are equal but the best thing for all children is to be raised by a mother and a father. Penny Wong, on the same panel, had this to say in response....
Share it around - today is the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO)!"

No comments:

Post a Comment