"Crazy world, full of crazy contradictions like a child, first you drive me wild and then you win my heart with your wicked art, one moment tender, gentle, then temperamental as a summer storm, just when I believe your heart's getting warmer, you're cold and your cruel and I like a fool try to cope, try to hang on to hope. Crazy world, every day the same old roller coaster ride, but I've got my pride, I won't give in, even though I know I'll never win, oh how I love this crazy world." -- "Crazy World" from "Victor/Victoria," lyrics by Leslie Bricusse

Monday, September 24, 2018

Organized Religion, Part 2

This is another aspect of organized religion that I have a huge problem with. I remember growing up that this aspect brought me comfort, knowing that there was someone who held all of the keys and spoke for God in this world. But the older I got, when I came to realize who I was and that God intended me to be this way, it wasn't a choice, along with a host of other issues, including the one mentioned in this article, I came to realize that this is a false comfort. There is a reason God ripped the veil of the temple after our Savior's death on the cross. It was men who "spoke for God" among the Jewish faith, "the one and only true religion" that put him on that cross. There is a reason why God has said time and time again, "I am not a respecter of persons!" I will be coming out with my own story soon, but in light of recent events, I wanted to share this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment